McAsphalt’s slurry systems fill many specific needs, such as cost-effective micro-surfacing, roadway restoration and improved skid resistance. They can also provide an infinite variety of coloured surfaces for safety or decoration.
Features and Benefits
- High production rates mean lower user costs.
- Eco-efficient processes save energy and resources compared to hot mix overlays.
- Slurry systems can be used as a cost-effective alternative to micro-surfacing in areas that do not require cross-sectional profile correction or rut fill.
- Prevents surface distresses, keeping good roads in good shape.
- Restores a roadway surface without affecting curb reveals.
- Reduces water and air infiltration, which minimizes oxidation, raveling and freeze/thaw damage.
- Improves skid resistance; gradation can be varied to achieve the desired level of friction.
- Provides a protective layer/wearing course, which extends the service life of the roadway.
- Covers segregated areas: end of load, random, longitudinal, gearbox segregation, etc.
- Covers flushed and bleeding areas.
- Multi-lift system enhances the drivability of the roadway.
- Enhances aesthetics of the existing roadway by covering defects and imperfections.
- Economical solution to preserving infrastructure and capital investment in pavements.
Discover the MCA Advantage - Asphalt EmulsionDOWNLOAD PDF
Slurry/Micro Systems Fact SheetDOWNLOAD PDF