Liquid Road® is a high-performance, fibre-reinforced asphalt emulsion blended with polymers, mineral aggregate and special surfactants for superior adhesion, flexibility and durability. The product can be used as a sealer over an existing oxidized and aged pavement or in combination as a seal over a newly placed chip seal.
Features and Benefits
- Extends the service life of pavement
- Replaces the pavement binder that is lost through oxidation
- Provides a rich black colour that helps to melt snow and ice
- Protects pavement from oxidation, UV rays and moisture intrusion
Learn more about Canadian Shield at www.pavementproducts.ca.
The asphalt emulsion is a polymer modified, fibre reinforced product containing special surfactants to give superior adhesion, flexibility and durability.
The aggregate that is blended into the asphalt emulsion is 20-30 mesh, hard durable sand, which gives the finished seal a smooth homogeneous abrasive texture.
In order to construct a proper well designed Liquid Road® the following guidelines should be followed:
- Design a seal with aggregate to be used on job.
- Use the proper sand.
- Ensure compatibility of aggregate and emulsion.
- Calibrate and inspect all equipment.
- Follow proper construction techniques.
- Optimum performance with two coats.
- Use traffic control to protect seal.
- Work only in weather suitable for application (typically 10°C and rising)
- Typically 1.0 l/m². Varies depending on porosity of existing surface